30 things about the owner, Alexandra Woodlief for our birthday month!
Happy Birthday to the owner and planner of AMW, Alexandra! As Alexandra Madison Weddings also celebrates 5 years this April we wanted to highlight 30 fun facts about our owner and lead planner.
We sat down with Alexandra and asked her the first 30 unique things that came to mind to help our readers get to know the face behind the brand a little more.
I am originally from Toronto, Canada, and moved to the states in the early 2000s
English is my third language, and I am now a USA and CA citizen!
I have four brothers believe it or not. One is an engineer, one is a business consultant, one is a model, and one is a chef. We all have followed a path we love.
My brother Mike invented the invisible pumpkin pie see it here (also one of my favorite winter desserts)
I have lived in 5 states and in this order: Dallas, TX, Santa Fe, NM, Augusta, GA, Columbia, SC, Los Angeles, CA
6. I met my husband at a wedding! Just another reason I love them so much
7. My wedding colors were French blue, Cobalt, Bone White, and brushed gold
8. I got married at the Gadsden House in Charleston, South Carolina
9. A fun fact: I had four different wedding dresses throughout the night! A traditional dress for the ceremony, a fitted dress for the dance floor, a feather bottom dress for my exit, and a sequined dress for my afterparty!
10. The song I walked down the aisle to was Songbird, by Fleetwood Mac this was a special and favorite moment for me because I used to listen to Fleetwood with my father as a little girl.
11. My mom was my something blue! She wore this gorgeous french blue gown
12. My getaway car was Vintage Rolls Royce for after the ceremony and a Rickshaw for our late night getaway
13. One of the more modern things for a wedding that I think is so special is a first look with the bride and groom! This is a chance to hug, kiss, and express emotion privately before showcasing your love to your guests.
14. I have done over 200++ weddings!
15. I am a University of South Carolina Alumnae
16. My degree is in Mass Communications, Public Relations with a minor in Fashion Merchandising
17. I started to get into hospitality after dabbling in a few corporate and PR events for non-profit and celebrities
18. I am also an alum of the Beta Epsilon chapter of Alpha Delta Pi! I'm still very involved as an advisor for recruitment and marketing with the sorority today
19. A pastime hobby of mine is art! I love to paint pet portraits and landscapes on canvas with oil or acrylic. See more here @alexandramadisondesigns !
20. I love collecting ginger jars! The delft pattern of blue and white is so classic and a mix of West Palm meets the South. My collection has grown to now almost 25 jars! Our home is mainly blue and white throughout as well.
22. I owe my love for planning to my mother. She always used to throw me the most creative birthday parties for me growing from spa style to a Morrocan night.
23. I have one pet! Meet our Yorkie named Teddy (formally Theodore) he only weighs about 5 lbs.
24. I am a graduate and serve on the Leadership Columbia board (a great young professional group in Columbia!
25. I also serve on the Columbia Contemporaries board which goes in hand with my passion for art.
26. Before wedding planning I used to work on the marketing team in LA for a Fashion e-commerce company called Sole Society
27. We have so many great bakers in SC for weddings and special events! But for any birthday my favorite cake is hands down the Berry Chantilly Cake from Whole Foods
28. My guilty food pleasure is a croissant! Almond, plain, or chocolate a good croissant will never fail you.
29. Unknown to most my sport when I was younger as ice-skating! I loved it and used to be a competitive figure skater until I moved to the South and ice-rinks became less accessible.
30. My favorite flowers are tulips, ranunculus, peony, and orchids!